#1 16-10-2008 09:40

matej

english translation ...

Hi!

I apologise for writing in English, but I do not speak French. That is also the reason why I would like to know what are your plans for translation of GCweb. Can I help in any way (now that I have established the fact that I do not understand French)?

Best,
Matej

#2 16-10-2008 21:19

jonas
Administrator

Re : english translation ...

Hello,

Sorry but I do not speak good English.

Currently GCweb is not translatable but if there are people interested I would do the necessary changes.
   * Before beginning this work requires that people "francophones" are testing the current version to find the latest bugs and increase the number of collection supported (currently only books and films work).
   * Then he will find translators French → other languages.

#3 17-10-2008 08:38

matej
Invité

Hi!

Unfortunately I do not speak French, but I would be very interested in having this application available in English.

Heck, I have even tried to install it as it is, but I didn't have enough time and did not manage to succeed. Perhaps I will try to do it again sometime soon.

Best,

Matej

#4 30-10-2008 00:32

Halibutt
Invité

Same here, I would love to translate the thingie to my language (Polish), yet it'd have to be in a language I understand (English, Spanish, Russian, Czech, Slovak, even Italian). Any chances this gets translated any time soon?
Cheers

#5 30-10-2008 14:02

jonas
Administrator

In the coming days I will see how I can make GCweb translatable.

I give you an answer in a few days.

For what type of collection GCweb Would you like to use ?

#6 31-10-2008 16:11

jonas
Administrator

I start GCweb'change to make it translatable [edit]with gettext (It is a solution that depends on the operating system sad)[/edit]. Do yon know .po and .pot files ?

Dernière modification par jonas (31-10-2008 16:49)

#7 06-11-2008 09:12

matej
Invité

Yes, I am (although vaguely) familiar with .po and .pot files.

I would use gcweb for my gaming club boardgame collection...

Best,
matej

#8 06-11-2008 18:39

jonas
Administrator

GCweb currently works only with collections of books and films. But the "modification" for other collections is available for every body through a generator.
But make a generator translatable take much time sad (but I will do).

#9 08-11-2008 21:16

jonas
Administrator

In trunk version, config page is translatable ! But the orginal string is write in french. I find a french to english translator then other translator will be translate by a replacement english string by other language string.

#10 10-11-2008 15:31

matej
Invité

jonas a écrit :

In trunk version, config page is translatable ! But the orginal string is write in french. I find a french to english translator then other translator will be translate by a replacement english string by other language string.

Great!

#11 13-11-2008 22:41

jonas
Administrator

All pages are translatable! but I always search translators hmm.

#12 23-11-2008 19:14

jonas
Administrator

GCweb-trunk was translated by Michel_mno in english!

If you know subversion:
[c]  svn co svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/jopen/gcweb/trunk/ gcweb-trunk[/c]

You can also download an archive here: http://svnweb.tuxfamily.org/listing.php … h=%2F&sc=0 (click tarball in front of "trunk")

Warning! GCweb-trunk can be unstable and not work !

#13 21-12-2008 22:00

olivier
Invité

Salut,

J'ai trouvé quelques petites erreurs sur la traduction en anglais...
J'avoue ne pas avoir tout compris (en français) donc il y a sûrement encore du travail à faire...
Comment je peux t'envoyer ces fichiers ?
Il y a aussi quelques fautes en français :s

En tout cas bon travail wink
A+

#14 22-12-2008 13:40

jonas
Administrator

Salut

Ce n'est pas moi qui ai traduit en anglais mais michel_mno.

Pour les corrections. J'espère que tu les as fait dans les fichiers "po" et pas directement les fichiers php (pour des questions de mise à jours). Si ça a été fait directement via les fichiers php il faudrait reporter les modifications dans les "po".

Je t'envois un mail pour que tu puisses m'envoyer les corrections. Si tu veux contacter michel_mno tu peux utiliser le formulaire du forum (inscription obligatoire) mais je vais lui signaler que tu as laisser un message ici.

#15 23-01-2009 02:30

Gnaag
Invité

I prefer using po and mo files cause it is platform independent. I am free to make slovak translation then.
But it is necessary to make one central po file for the whole site, not a po file for every page.

#16 23-01-2009 21:17

jonas
Administrator

MO files are plateforme independent ? I do not think so. The MO file must be compiled on the operating system of the server (but this is the first time that I wanted to use gettext, I could be wrong).

For this reason GCweb does not use gettext (GCweb use php array create with po2phparray.py). It is to limit the size of this array that there are several file.

GCweb use a syntaxe like gettext en mo file for I can use tools for gettext ! (wordpress and dotclear use a similary systems)

PS : Warning ! If you want translate GCweb : the English localization is not to update.

Dernière modification par jonas (23-01-2009 21:28)

#17 15-02-2009 12:17

Gnaag
Invité

So if I understand it well, nowadays it is quite easy to translate the site from the french to slovak using just one file that will be put alongside the site afterwards? If so, then I am happy to start translating, french is not any problem. Just please explain me what to do.

#18 15-02-2009 12:54

jonas
Administrator

French is not a probleme ? Can I write in french but I donc speak good english big_smile (and I'm not sure I understood "just one file that will be put alongside the site afterwards")

#19 15-02-2009 14:28

jonas
Administrator

For translate GCweb :
  * Download the latest version of trunk (with svn client or this archive)
  * Edit files *.po of /locales/slk and /templates/default/locales/slk with poedit or similary programs¹
  * If you want testing translation read /locales/how_to_translate lines 17-22 (or send me your *.po files)
  * Also, add your language on "idontagree.txt" or "iagree.txt" file
  * Send me your slk/*.po files (and eventually slk/*.php files if are generated)
I send you my email for yous can send me your files.

If I understand "just one file that will be put alongside the site afterwards" :
  * GCweb don't use po files (they can removed in your site) but if I change, add or remove a string in source code I can update po files with gettext tools and recreated php files.

good translation wink.

[---]
¹ : "locales/slk/themegenrerator.po" and "templates/default/locales/slk/generator.po" are use by template generator. If are no translated is not very important wink.

#20 15-02-2009 14:51

Gnaag
Invité

Ok, I am starting the work. I cannot write in french, but I can translate directly from french. My french is really basic (Je m'appelle.... Je suis... J'habite...) I think, that it would not met the requirements for the communication.

#21 15-03-2009 18:33

jonas
Administrator

hello
The translation in slovak progress ?

Réponse rapide

Veuillez composer votre message et l'envoyer
Si vous êtes un être humain ne changez pas le contenu de ces deux champs.

Pied de page des forums